Scientific Abstract Submission Guidelines
Extended deadline for abstract submission: January 20, 2023, 24.00h CET.
If you have problems submitting your abstract, please try another browser (Chrome).
- February 20, 2023: notification of acceptance.
- All abstracts should be submitted electronically through the abstract submission page on www.wcsf2023.com
- Abstracts must follow the submission guidelines.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee (SC) and the SC will decide which abstracts will be accepted.
- You indicate whether you prefer an oral or poster presentation.
- You select to which theme(s) you submit your abstract.
- The SC decides about to which session (oral or poster) the abstracts are set.
- Load and Recovery Monitoring
- Training and Testing
- Talent Identification
- Big Data
- Injury Prevention
- Injury Management
- Football is medicine
- Football Economics
- Historical, cultural, sociological, and anthropological approaches to football
- Match Analysis
- Abstracts are limited to 400 words (excluding title/authors/affiliation, e-mail address and including references. Hyphenated words count as 2 words (e.d. high-speed, lead-in)).
- Do not use tables, charts or graphs.
- The abstract must be written in English.
- Use standard abbreviations, symbols, and punctuation. When using abbreviations in the body of the abstract, spell out in full the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
- Title: limited to 100 characters including spaces. Use sentence style.
- Author(s): Please list all authors separated by commas. Format: First Name, (additional initials), Surname; separate authors by “,”.
- Affiliation: state all affiliations of the main author and the co-authors. The text must not reveal the institutional affiliation. Use numbering in superscript to link authors to affiliation(s). See example.
- E-mail address: type the e-mail address of the presenting author.
- References: use numbering between brackets in the text. For example (1).
- Text: The abstract must be informative, including a statement of the study’s specific BACKGROUND, AIM, METHODS, RESULTS and CONCLUSION statement.
- The abstract should contain results of the study.
- The abstract may contain a maximum of two references.
- In all cases follow the details in the example below.
TITLE …………………… (sentence style)
A.C. Jansen1, B.C. de Groot2
1Name institute, city and country; 2Name institute, city and country
1) Datson N, Barry D, Weston M & Gregson W (2019). Repeated high-speed running in elite female soccer players during international competition. Sci Med Footb, (3)2, 150-156.
Notification of Acceptance
- All abstracts received will undergo formal review by the Scientific Committee and independent reviewers. We expect the reviews to be completed in February 2023, with author notification to take place by February 20, 2023.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the congress program & abstract book and published on the website of the congress.
Withdrawal requests must be in writing with the reason for withdrawal clearly stated. All authors must approve the abstract retraction. Please email a copy of the abstract, letter of withdrawal, and statement indicating all authors approving the withdrawal to email@example.com
Submitting an abstract is not your registration for WCSF 2023. For registration please use the registration form